Metal Fabrication Services in South Florida Since 1977
The John P. Downs Company, Inc.
was founded in 1977 to provide quality machining and metal fabrication for the marine, commercial, residential and industrial communities.
We are a talented group of craftsmen and professionals, including CAD design (Autocad, Rhino, Solid Works), engineering and project management personnel, welders, fabricators, sheet metal mechanics, and machinists. Our blend of experience and complimentary skills allows us to respond as a team and turn out quality work. We have one of the most extensive fabrication and machining facilities in South Florida, which enables us to perform just about any task we are asked to perform, in a timely and efficient manner. We specialize in turnkey projects from the planning and engineering stage to the completed and tested final product, painted and ready for shipment or installed at the job site. Our team is fully committed to the highest level of safety in the workplace. Our experienced fabricators guarantee you, our #1 priority, will receive professional service, on-time drawings, unparalleled fabricator experience and quality results.
John P. Downs has a large facility located on over 31/2 acres along the Dania Cut-Off Canal.
Always willing to help and fabricate the most unusual requests. If your looking for a top quality machine shop look no further.
– Ben Weiss, Google Review
Plate forming in our 14’ x 300 ton Pacific press brake. Shearing in ¾” x 12’ Pacific shear. ½” x 6’ double initial pinch plate roll.
Sheet Metal Shop
U S Coast Guard certified fuel and water tanks, hydraulic reservoirs, stainless steel galleys, counter tops, refrigeration liners, exhaust systems, air ducting systems, lockers, cabinets, etc.
Pipe bending in U S and metric sizes and high pressure welding for such projects as hydraulic systems, reverse osmosis desalinization systems, seawater supply lines, fuel lines, etc. Also, fabrication of railings in aluminum, steel, copper, brass or stainless steel, including mirror finish SS yacht railings systems, bow and stern rails, ladders, etc.
Punching and Burning Department
Custom plasma and oxyacetylene cut parts. CNC controlled 200 amp plasma cutting on 8’ wide table.
Welding machines and components of all descriptions, all welding processes.
Complete machine shop featuring lathes, mills, and planer. We specialize in all types of prototype and rebuilding work, pumps, valves, shafts, etc.
Mirror finish and brush satin finish polishing is offered on stainless steel, aluminum, bronze, etc.
Press Brake Tooling Department
Refurbishing of press brake punches, dies, and die holders. New punch and die sales. We also rebuild press brake rams and beds to original factory specifications.
- Pacific Press Brake (K 300) 300 ton x 14’
- Pacific hydraulic shear ¾” x 12’
- Chicago (D&K) finger brake 12 ga.x 6’
- Bronx ½” x 6’ double initial pinch plate roll
- Di-Acro press brake #1
- Amada Promecam variable degree notcher (6x6x5/16”)
- Scotsman 40 ton rotary punching machine & ironworker
- Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Series portable handheld plasma cutting machine
- 4” x 48” slip roll
- 2” x 36” slip roll
- Pittsburgh machine 24 gauge
- Beverly shear open throat
Pipe & Tube Shop
- #2 Buffalo Angle and Pipe rolling machines for up to 5” pipe; 5/8” x 4” x 4” angle
- WDM (2” pipe) 2 x 2 x ¼” modern hydraulic angle roll
- Hossfeld Hydraulic Bender with dies for bending pipe to 2” IPS in addition to smaller pipe sizes; plus OD tube dies for 7/8”, 1”, 1=1/2”, & 2”
- This machine can also bend rod, bar and other assorted shapes.
- Greenlee Bender with all pipe dies to 4” IPS
- 2 Belt sanding & buffing machines, double spindle
- 1 Johannsen stroke sander, 121” x 48” sliding table
- Walter Surffox 103 Electric electro-polishing machine
- Portable flexible shaft machines
- Rockford Planer, 12’ Openside
- Summit Engine Lathe 19/26 x 80 with 3 & 4 jaw chocks
- American Pacemaker 16” Engine Lathe with 3 & 4 jaw chocks and colletts
- Clausing Collet Lathe 10” with 3 jaw chuck and collets
- 2 ea. Bridgeport Milling Machines
- IKEDA 5’ radial arm 14” spindle drill Press
- Summit gear head Drill Press 2-1/2” capacity
- 2 ea. smaller Drill Presses
- Boyer Schultz 6” x 12” Surface Grinder
- Greeenerd #4 Arbor Press
- BEWO Cold Saw 12”
- 1 Rollin Band saw
- 1 Rockwell Bandsaw
- 1 Jet bandsaw
- UNI-TEK EDM bolt disintegrator
- Dumore tool post grinder & accessories
- Dividing head with 8” chuck and tail stock & complete gear set
- Miscellaneous drills, taps, dies, reamers, broaches, drill motors, sawsalls, circular saws, tapping heads, etc.
- 5 Miller TIG Welding Machines
- 3 Miller MIG welding Machines
- Miller Bobcat gas drive welding machine
- 2 ea OxyAceteline cutting outfits
- Rotary Welding Table
- 1999 Ford F-250 Super Duty Pickup
- 1992 Ford 150 Pickup
- Komatsu 4500# fork lift
- Clarke 4500 0# fork lift